Making necessary (mostly) things on the cheap.

Making using and buying tools

Friday, April 6, 2012

Workbench Design

I am in the planning stages of building a new workbench, I am combining several different designs and have elements of the Nicholson, the Roubio and a torsion bench design from The American Woodworker.


I plan to have a tail and shoulder vise . And have been sketching the designs out and planing how to this without spending very much money. I plan to use a bunch of found lumber for most of the bench and will build the two vises myself .

I did this in Paint so Its not to scale or anything, I expect it will be about 6 ft long and around 3 1/2 feet wide.
I hope to post some actual plans here pretty soon, that is If I ever figure out how to use sketchup I may just scan in the drawings. I like to work on paper when I actually make a plan, the computer I use to just test out proportions and ideas.

Please comment with any suggestions you have.

Have a blessed Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment