Making necessary (mostly) things on the cheap.

Making using and buying tools

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Using a Handplane Video

Here is a brief video of me using an inexpensive Companion brand hand-plane. i bought this hand-plane off of eBay for 9.99 with free shipping, it was barley used and in excellent condition. Companion planes were and off brand sold by Sears and Roebuck between 1933 and 1941, they were less expensive than the Craftsman brand sold at the time. This is an excellent plane and works well after I have fetteled the plane and removed some very few spots of surface rust. As you can see I am no expert but I do get the job done. The piece is going to be a table leg for my version of a Harvey Ellis side table.You do not have to spend a fortune on tools despite what some people seem to think, Wish me luck and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment